Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Writer's Block in Life

We all know how it can be to have writer's block. From the professional novelist to the average college student at some point in our lives (or maybe more) we go through a time where we just simply have run out of words to write. Even now as I write this I am struggling to type what it is that I am wanting to say.

I believe writer's block can be more than just not knowing what it is you want your next term paper to be about. Writer's block is when you have lost inspiration, lost sight of what you want or just don't know what you want.

I think it has been a long time coming but I have finally hit my writer's block in life. I had known what I wanted to do with my life, but now those goals seem to have been lost in my life's current path. Some people who have this happen to them see it as a good thing or as something that was meant to happen. Maybe the path they were on was not a good one and some new variable has put them on a brighter one. 

For me, I am currently not sure whether it is a good thing or a bad thing that my goals are changing. I have hit a writer's block in my life story. I had all these plans and ideas of what I wanted to do with my life but now I am just not sure. The things I want to do and enjoy doing don't have a spot next to what is currently taking time out of my day.

No I do not have some addiction or bad habit. I just simply am lazy. I don't know what I want to make of my time so I waste it. That is a hard reality to face but that's what I believe I have been doing. I don't make time to ponder what it is I'd rather be doing and if I do come up with something, I never act on it. It is an awful rut to be in. I can't decide what I want my blog to be, I can't motivate myself to apply for those internships or go to the gym and I have lost sight of what I want in my personal relationships. Like I said an Awful Rut.

What are the steps needed to figure these things out. Do we as humans have what it takes to just let things happen or do we need to take control. Do I have what it takes to do what is necessary?? How do I know what is best for me when I can't seem to grasp what it is that I want?

I see a challenge that I can't muster the energy to take on.

No comments:

Post a Comment