Monday, September 24, 2012

Cooler Weather = Finishing my BIGGEST renovation

Ready to hear about my biggest renovation of all??..

Well let me start from the beginning....

Being the independent young woman I am, I had been eager to move out of my parents house as soon as I started college. My freshman year I lived in the dorms, even though my parents live in town. As "bratty" as that was I still made a bunch of friends on campus and would never EVER change my decision to live in a cramped dorm for my first year of college. My sophomore year I lived in this dingy apartment near campus and walked about half a mile to class everyday. Worst experience EVER! By March 2011 I had had it with the apartment, the management and my messy roommates that I begged to break the lease and I moved back home that spring break.

Last year I decided to not move out of the parent's house so that I could save money for a trip to Paris, France. Best Decision I Ever Made! But...and yes there is a but. By Christmas, 3 months before my trip, I was losing my mind! I felt trapped with my parents and that the next time I moved out it would be the last time. I found a roommate and we started looking for an apartment to move into in May. My loving parents were concerned that getting an apartment was a waste of money. They offered to help me with a down payment on a house.


One of my mom's co-worker's aunt had a 3 bedroom house they were preparing to sell for $85,000. Now, for those of you not familiar with the housing market this is CHEAP! I was concerned it would be a shack or completely disgusting inside. I was wrong....

























It was the outside that was disgusting.. So my BIGGEST renovation has been bring to get this house some curb appeal. With the help of my lovely parents and a very bad hail storm I have been able to paint the front and sides of the house, get a new roof and gutters and give this eye sore a complete makeover. Unfortunately the summer became a hot mess and the paint project had to be postponed. So here is what we have gotten done.


and here is what we lack...



With Fall in our midst this project can get completed and off my renovation list! I'm going to be posting Britt's Renovation List soon so you all can see what I have done and what I still have to do! Please give me some feedback on the house and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment